Are you considering buying a money order? Or perhaps you are looking for one of those places that sell money orders and didn’t know where you could find them?
Well then, the answer to your query is that very few places sell money orders these days.
When you buy a money order, you’ll also get a receipt proving you paid that amount—a helpful thing if you’re trying to collect on a debt.
Now the question is, does Walmart sell money orders? And if so, what are the best ways to buy them at Walmart? To know further about it, keep reading.
Does Walmart Sell Money Orders?
Yes, Walmart does sell money orders in 2023 because of its affiliation with the store MoneyGram.
MoneyGram is a form of cash transfer that can be sent from one person to another.
How Do You Get a Money Order From Walmart?
You can get a money order from Walmart in the store or online. However, the Walmart Money Center at the local store is only available during regular business hours.
You can buy one in-store at Walmart Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets. You must have the cash to pay for it upfront.
To get a money order online, you must have a Walmart MoneyCard. You don’t need to pay for this prepaid debit card when you sign up because you will use your funds to load money onto it.
Once you have registered it online with your information, you are ready to use it for purchases of any kind, including money orders.
How Much Does a Money Order Cost?
Money order cost varies for different local stores. But it’s less than $1 and a competitive fee. Certain places offer free money orders, but many retail stores charge for them.
The Postal Service charges $1.45 for money orders up to $500 and $1.95 for those between $500 and $1,000.
The Postal Service recommends buying money orders at post offices or USPS branches instead of in retail stores to avoid paying the extra fee charged by retail stores.
You can also purchase a money order directly from the Postal Service website or your smartphone app.
These options are usually cheaper than buying them at retailers because they don’t include additional fees.
Similar Money Order Related Blogs:
Can You Buy a Money Order With a Debit Card at Walmart?
You can buy a money order with cash and a debit card at Walmart.
After having your Walmart money card, you don’t need cash, which is more than enough to buy a money order.
First, you should know that there are different types of money orders. The most common one is called postal money order.
This money order can be purchased at post offices or Walmart stores.
What Is the Maximum Amount for a Money Order at Walmart?
The maximum amount for a money order at Walmart is $1,000 or less per day and $5,000 or less per month using Walmart Money Orders.
You can use up to $5,000 monthly from your checking account to purchase money orders at Walmart. The Federal Reserve System sets the limit and applies to all banks in the United States.
Money orders are not refundable and cannot be used to purchase another money order or cash back.
You must use cash or another payment method when purchasing another money order or cash back.
Does Walmart Sell Western Union Money Orders?
At nearly 4700 Walmart stores, western union services are available for a money order.
Walmart customers can send and receive Western Union domestic and international money transfers at any Walmart location in the United States.
Walmart Money Orders are only available with a MoneyGram prepaid or a Walmart gift card.
Does Walmart Sell International Money Orders?
Yes, Walmart sells international money orders.
Walmart has partnered with MoneyGram International Inc., which allows customers to use their debit card at any of the thousands of
MoneyGram locations worldwide to transfer funds using a money order. This service is available in nearly 200 countries and provinces around the world.
Do Walmart Cash Money Orders?
Yes, Walmart offers cash orders.
You can cash a money order at banks, check-cashing businesses, and select retailers, such as grocery stores.
To cash a Money Order:
- Visit any Walmart store location with your money order and ID (they will require one form of identification).
- Complete the Money Order Deposit Form at the Customer Service Desk.
- Show two forms of ID to verify your identity.
- Once approved, you will receive the cash amount on the spot, and the receipt will be issued immediately.
Can You Get a Refund on a Walmart Money Order?
Yes, you can get a refund on a Walmart money order. It is essential not to cash your money order.
However, you’ll need to take several steps to ensure your claim is processed correctly.
- Printing, filling out, and submitting a MoneyGram claim card can request a refund for your money order.
- Moreover, you’ll need to offer information such as the buyer’s name, phone number, and address.
- You’ll also need to submit the serial number of your Walmart money order and any supporting documentation proving that it was lost or stolen.
- If the claim is approved, you’ll receive a check from MoneyGram within 30 business days of receiving their application.
How Can I Track My Walmart Money Order?
If you want to track a Walmart Money Order, you can do so in 2 ways.
- The first way is to use the Money Order Status page at Walmart.com. Enter your money order number and the amount of your money order, and choose the state where you purchased it. You’ll then see whether it has been cashed and if there are any errors with it.
- The second way to track a Walmart Money Order is by calling Walmart’s automated line at 1-800-542-3590. You must give your money order number and the precise amount of your money order. The automated line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
A money order is a safe, efficient, and affordable way of transferring money from one place to another.
Unfortunately, many people are unaware of the benefits of a money order, and thus they do not use it.
Only about 1% of the population makes use of this convenient service. Fortunately, you can change all that by becoming aware of how outstanding money orders can be through this guide.
We hope that you liked the information.
I'm Annie Rondeau, a writer and content creator for QueryBoomer, where I specialize in providing insightful reviews about brands, stores, products, and retailers. Whether you're searching for information on the latest trends, products, or companies, my articles are the go-to resource for accurate and reliable information. I hope you find my content helpful in your quest for information about brands and products.