Many diners and restaurants are now accepting mobile payment methods. Starbucks is one of those names.
Not only is it the go-to place for coffee and other beverages, but people also prefer it due to its accepted payment options.
But that leads to one of the most popular options, Apple Pay. People often wonder, does Starbucks take Apple Pay? Here’s the truth!
Does Starbucks Take Apple Pay?
Yes, you can use Apple Pay at all Starbucks locations. It is one of the accepted payment methods at the popular chain.
Starbucks allows several digital wallets. And Apple Pay is one of them. You can use it to pay for your coffee, food, etc. It works in all locations, including drive-thrus.
You can still earn rewards at Starbucks with Apple Pay. All you need is to get your account registered on the coffeehouse chain’s website.
How to Use Apple Pay at Starbucks?
You can use Apple Pay at Starbucks by holding your phone near the reader until the payment is made.
If you have used a contactless payment method before, you will have no trouble using Apple Pay. Here’s how it is done:
- Unlock your phone and open Apple Pay.
- Select the desired card or bank account you want to pay with.
- Bring your phone near the contactless reader.
- Hold it until you get the “Done” dialog on the screen.
Once the message appears, that means the payment has been made.
Can I Link Apple Pay to the Starbucks App?
Yes, you can add Apple Pay to the Starbucks app. This payment method is also available for online purchases.
Adding Apple Pay to the Starbucks app is really simple. Plus, you only have to do it once.
If it is added, you can use it during checkout. It allows you to pay for your online purchases with Apple Pay.
How to Use Apple Pay in the Starbucks App
You can use Apple Pay in the Starbucks app by adding it to your account and selecting it during checkout.
Start by setting up your Apple Pay digital wallet and add it to your Starbucks mobile application. How to do that? Well, follow the steps below:
- Open your Starbucks application and go to “Payment Options.”
- Select the “Payment” tab.
- Under “Manage Payment,” tap on Add Payment.
- Select Apple Pay and enter your account information.
- It is now added to your Starbucks application.
Here’s how to use it:
- Shop for the items you want from the Starbucks application.
- Go to the checkout page and select a Payment option.
- Tap on your Apple Pay to choose your added digital wallet.
- Once the payment is made, you will get a notification.
What Are the Benefits of Apple Pay at Starbucks?
Apple Pay offers you the benefits of security and convenience, along with cashback rewards at Starbucks.
The biggest benefit is undoubtedly the reward. The restaurant allows customers to get a 3% cashback on every transaction made with Apple Pay. That goes for both in-store and online purchases.
Another advantage is the robust security of Apple Pay. The digital wallet is secure and safe, allowing your financial information to remain protected.
Additionally, it works on both the Starbucks application and in diners.
You also get the convenience of not carrying another card in your wallet. The contactless payment method is a plus point for people who care the most about their hygiene.
What if I Want to Use a Starbucks Card?
You can use the Starbucks card at all locations. Plus, it is also available online on the Starbucks application.
You can get the card from any location. Its balance can be checked online from your Starbucks account. You also get some rewards with your Starbucks card.
Note that its balance can not be exchanged for cash. You can only use it to buy coffee, food, and merchandise from Starbucks.
How to Use Apple Pay at the Checkout?
You can use Apple Pay to pay at the checkout by holding your phone near the contactless reader after unlocking it.
The methods vary depending on your card. If you are using a default card, here’s how it is done:
- If you have a face ID, wake up your iPhone and press the side button twice. For the passcode or Touch ID, press the Home button twice.
- Open the Apple Pay wallet.
- Hold your phone near the reader until you see a checkmark on the screen.
If you want to use a different card, you must add one. For that, follow the below steps:
- Tap on your default card.
- Select a new card.
- Verify by entering the required information.
- Once it is set up, you can pay by holding your phone near the contactless reader.
Is Apple Pay Acceptable at Drive-throughs?
Yes, Apple Pay is accepted at most drive-throughs.
It also depends on the company. Most diner chains do allow Apple Pay at drive-throughs.
The most popular examples are Taco Bell, Starbucks, and McDonald’s. However, some local restaurants may not allow this option.
You can contact your nearest drive-through beforehand to inquire about Apple Pay’s availability.
Is Apple Watch Compatible With Apple Pay?
Yes, Apple Pay does work on Apple Watch.
Here’s how to use it:
- Double-click the side button to open the digital wallet.
- Choose your card and hold your Apple Watch near the contactless reader.
- You will get the checkmark on the screen for confirmation.
You can also use the Apple Watch to pay with Apple Pay online. Simply select it during checkout, like your iPhone. And you are good to go!
Some other payment methods that you may use at Starbucks:
To Wrap Up
And that’s all there is to know about Starbucks and Apple Pay. The contactless payment method is available at all Starbucks locations. You can use it while dining in or at drive-throughs.
It also works online on the coffeehouse’s website and mobile application. Using it is convenient, simple, and quick.
All you need is to select Apple Pay during checkout. Pay with your contactless card, and your payment will be made within seconds. There are no security issues with it. Does it get better than that?
I'm Annie Rondeau, a writer and content creator for QueryBoomer, where I specialize in providing insightful reviews about brands, stores, products, and retailers. Whether you're searching for information on the latest trends, products, or companies, my articles are the go-to resource for accurate and reliable information. I hope you find my content helpful in your quest for information about brands and products.